2.Assam: 2943 Nos. of Scholarship
3. Manipur: 294 Nos. of Scholarship
4. Meghalaya: 546 Nos. of Scholarship
5. Mizoram: 273 Nos. of Scholarship
6. Nagaland: 579 Nos. of Scholarship
7. Sikkim: 63 Nos. of Scholarship
- Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination.
- Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, without facing any competitive examination, will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly of merit.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual family income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh per annum from all sources.
- A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his place of study.
Funding Pattern of the Scheme
How to apply:
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form (separate application forms prescribed for ‘fresh’ and renewal of scholarship by the concerned States/UTs).
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- One attested copy of certificates, diploma, degree etc. in respect of all examinations passed.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- Proof of permanent residence.
- A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application duly counter-signed by the Head of the Institution concerned, if the application was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
- North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST), Nirjuli-79110 (Itanagar), Arunachal Pradesh.
- Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT), North Guwahati, Guwahati – 781039.
- National Institute of Technology, Silichar – 788010. (Assam)
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Shillong (Meghalaya).
- Indian Institute of Management, Shilong
- National Institute of Technology, Agartalla, Tripura.